[3830] CQWW CW N6RO SOAB HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW N6RO SOAB HP
From: n6ro@arrl.net (n6ro@arrl.net)
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 21:58:23 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N6RO
Operator(s): N6RO
Station: N6RO

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 43
Radios: SO2R

  160:     31     11     12
   80:    199     19     30
   40:    414     33     73
   20:    441     31     86
   15:    600     33     98
   10:    540     34     92
-------------------------------
Total:   2225    161    391  =  3,374,928

Club/Team: NCCC

Comments:

Celebrated my 64th B'day by doing a single op trip instead of MM. Tho it was
fun, I'm glad it's over.  The affect of the mag storm Saturday was only
exceeded by the worst rain (static) and wind storm in years.  Lost control of
all rotary antennas, wires blown down, lost one yagi reflector.  Crashed for a
couple of hours when it was obvious there would be no EU Saturday AM.  The
bands recovered and the winds subsided, but I was down 600 QSOs from last year
at the 24 hour mark, and just held pace on the second day.  Got lots of 2R and
S&P practice - kept me awake!