[3830] CQWW CW PA5AT SOSB/80 LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW PA5AT SOSB/80 LP
From: ulli@planet.nl (ulli@planet.nl)
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 04:43:44 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: PA5AT
Operator(s): PA5AT
Station: PA5AT

Class: SOSB/80 LP
QTH: Hoofddorp, NL
Operating Time (hrs): 23:40

  160:
   80:    642     11     59
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------------------
Total:    642     11     59  =  54,250

Club/Team:

Comments:

Am I crazy to try SOSB 80m with LP from a 12m x 8m garden and a dense community
? That was the question, but the challenge also !

So I build a L-ant with 11m vertical and 15m horizontal... and all the wire I
could find, I covered the garden with....for radial system. Oh yes: about 20
torroids are spread in the community to make TV's and telefon's quite against
my 100wtts at my neighbors...

Tested the antenna extensively for as strong as possible EU-signal, but not
give up some low angle radiation...

Looking to my score - I am quite happy...
Very hard to reach XT2DX when he tried to work EU... fortunately only a few
heard him at that time...
Mt EWE to south was a real winner, as I could supress local QRM in the evening
so some extend, when all the switching supplies of local TV's generated S8
signal all over the band...

Hardest time was in early evening, as condx are starting, but HP stations more
in the east of EU benefit from HP and much better condx...

Did a lot of S&P to keep my score up as much as possible...

Sunday morning was great condx to USA ! thanks for some stations, who spotted
me (I checked after the contest !) I got many big-guns in my log...

incredibly I heard K1TTT on sunday evening already at 21:03 UTC - before the
contest I tested the station and worked W1WEF at about 21:00 UTC also... it
showed me, that there was chance for a great time !

Thanks to all who picked up my small small signal - Sorry, but this is really
the MAX, what I can do with 100wtts...

Missed 8P9Z, V26B, who were strong, but EU was crazy with calling and
calling...- so understand they concentrated on VS at that time...

Greetings from Netherlands...

Ulli, PA5AT (at home qth)
Next time we will meet again from PI4COM on the low bands
see: www.muurkrant.nl/pi4com