[3830] CQWW CW VA3WN(@VE3ZI) SOSB(A)/10 HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW VA3WN(@VE3ZI) SOSB(A)/10 HP
From: va3wn@rac.ca (va3wn@rac.ca)
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 08:18:09 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: VA3WN
Operator(s): VA3WN
Station: VE3ZI

Class: SOSB(A)/10 HP
QTH: ON
Operating Time (hrs): 21

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:    836     29     97
-------------------------------
Total:    836     29     97  =  286,650

Club/Team:

Comments:

I knew it was going to be ugly when I got to watch Friday night's monster
aurora directly overhead (even ranging over to the south at times); not many
stations are located closer to the magnetic North Pole than we are.  Finished
Day 1 with 113Q/13Z/29C.  Had to work really hard for every single one.

Day 2 was as good as Day 1 was bad.  Right away it was apparent that I was
getting out loudly, and Sunday was lots of fun.  With about two hours to go,
decided to try for DXCC (I was really only concentrating on rate up until then
because of the disaster on Saturday).  Came up just short.

Big fun on my first try at 10m.  Thx to Roger VE3ZI once again, and to all of
you for the fb QSOs.  CU agn next year.

73 Travis VA3WN
Garson, Ontario, Canada