[3830] CQWW CW K3ZO SOAB HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K3ZO SOAB HP
From: k3zo@verizon.net (k3zo@verizon.net)
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 10:58:10 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K3ZO
Operator(s):
Station:

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 39

  160:      5      4      3
   80:    119     12     45
   40:    639     26     84
   20:    715     34    104
   15:    713     26     92
   10:    860     32     96
-------------------------------
Total:   3051    134    424  =  4,948,344

Club/Team: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

My computer froze right in the middle of a big run on 10 Sunday morning.  Thank
goodness I don't use the computer for anything else but logging so I just saved
my log to a floppy, pushed the keyboard out of the way and logged by hand the
rest of the way.  I continued with the same run pretty much without skipping a
beat. I was pretty much limited to running since I had no way to check my dupes
but since 10 had not been open to Asia the first day anyway I spent my last
couple hours partially S&P'ing Asians on that band without fear that I was
duping anyone.  I have now entered the written log into the computer and I only
ended up duping five or six times.   If disturbed conditions have to show up in
a contest then they did it the right way this time.  Better to have the great
conditions at the end of the contest than at the beginning so you can spend the
last few hours making QSOs like mad, which is excactly what I did.