[3830] CQWW CW W6XR M/S HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW W6XR M/S HP
From: natan@twcny.rr.com (natan@twcny.rr.com)
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 13:33:52 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: W6XR
Operator(s): NA2U, N2AU, JF1KML, W6XR
Station: W6XR

Class: M/S HP
QTH: WNY
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:     21      8     58
   80:     80     14     58
   40:    809     31    109
   20:    637     39    129
   15:    653     33    121
   10:    639     33    125
-------------------------------
Total:   2839    158    555  =  5,751,771

Club/Team: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

We were stymied by just awful conditions until Sunday morning as it seemed at
times an electromagnetic wall was between Ithaca and Europe.  Very high
absorption caused frustration and humor among the assembled gang of operators.
Even with the terrible conditions, we had fun and gelled as a team of ops -----
finally.  A special thanks to Fred, NA2U who trekked to the wilds of upstate NY
for the second time, although once again his baggage included stormy
propagation.  Also I must mention we have a new guest op in Hiro, JF1KML, a
Cornell graduate student, who is simply a very good contest op.  Hiro is a grad
of Tokyu University with an undergraduate degree in CW.

Art and I upheld the great tradition of Team Gimp in that we took it as easy as
possible during the weekend.  Our new antenna hardware played well and the only
problems we encountered were caused by RF getting into the computers via the
new Ethernet run of cable upstairs.  On Sat. night we had high winds (again)
causing the rotors to labor against estimated 60 mph gusts.

Finally, a thanks to John KB2MTI, who has essentially taken over the
construction and maintainence of the station making it possible to play in this
magnificent contest once agsin.  Already, we are making plans for next years
contest, although I hope we get away from all this stormy propagation!

73

Natan W6XR

W6XR is:

FT 1000MP Mark V and Alpha 86

Icom 746 and Alpha 374

Antenna switching by Array Solutions

All antennas by Force 12

160  EF160VX. 80   EF180B at 80',  C39XRN for 40 through 10 at 72', stack of
two C3E's at 80 and 45'.  Ewe's for recive on 160 and 80
Soft seats.