[3830] CQWW CW KB1H M/M HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW KB1H M/M HP
From: rpechie@snet.net (rpechie@snet.net)
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 10:12:53 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: KB1H
Operator(s): KB1H, K1EBY, N1XS, NB1U, KB1DFB, AA1CE, K1GX
Station: KB1H

Class: M/M HP
QTH: East Killingly, CT
Operating Time (hrs): 41.8

  160:      9      4      3
   80:    235     22     82
   40:    459     30    107
   20:    931     40    128
   15:   1143     33    119
   10:    864     31    118
-------------------------------
Total:   3641    160    557  =  7,487,631

Club/Team: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Equipment Description:

160M - Inverted Vee apex @ 120 feet
80M - 1/4 wave 4-square Comtek Phasing
40M - KLM 3 element @ 85 feet, Mosley 2 element fixed south @ 65 feet
20M - 5/4/4 (Telrex/204BA/204BA)(90'/65'/35'), 203BA fixed south @ 45 feet
15M - 5/5/5 (Telrex/155CA/155CA)(120'/90'/65'), Mosley CL154 fixed south at 45
        feet, 155CA @ 90' rotates on a sidearm (approx. 300 degrees)
10M - 5/5/5 (105CA/105CA/105CA)(85'/65'/45') top two 105CAs on rotating mast,
      LTA 5 element fixed south @ 40 feet.
Beverage - 580' Two-Wire NE-SW with K1FZ Terminating Devices

Array Solutions Phasing(StackBox) on all stacks

Station #1 - FT-1000MP, Mark V, Alpha 77/L4B
Station #2 - FT-1000MP, Mark V, Amp Supply LZ-550ZC
Station #3 - TS-850S, Ten Tec Titan

Basically a three station Multi/Multi. We were short operators this year with
only three full-time and everyone else very limited operating. Conditions
convinced us that a quick nap both evenings was no great loss in QSOs and found
it much better to have a fresher crew for the daytime runs. The new CQ counter
on the CT Rate window showed that we CQ'ed 10,237 times for our 3600+ QSOs.

For the first time in many contests we lost the Alpha 77. The stand-by Drake
L4B was wired in at 3AM Sunday morning.

Sunday sure made up for Saturday. 10 Meters was cooking and where we had
problems breaking pile-ups on Saturday we were busting the heck out of them on
Sunday.

Though the PacketCluster worked without problems, the spots that came from out
of the immediate area seemed more distracting than useful. I believe a
re-thinking of the policy of an "open" network needs to be done.

Thanks to the operators that came and to the equipment that was loaned to us.
Looking at the scores being reported, the FRC has made quite a horse race for a
YCCC repeat.

Thanks for the QSOs and see you all in ARRL DX CW.