[3830] CQWW CW G4BUO SOAB HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW G4BUO SOAB HP
From: g4buo@compuserve.com (g4buo@compuserve.com)
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 15:46:26 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: G4BUO
Operator(s):
Station:

Class: SOAB HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 44
Radios: SO2R

  160:     65      9     37
   80:    568     18     68
   40:    569     25     84
   20:    849     35     99
   15:   1016     34    105
   10:    655     31    105
-------------------------------
Total:   3722    152    498  =  5,343,000

Club/Team: Chiltern DX Club

Comments:

Murphy struck at 0900 on Saturday, my Dentron amplifier which I have
had for about 22 years died. Transformer had gone short. Two days
before, the local power company changed the transformer about
200 yards down the road and our mains voltage has gone up to
about 242 volts, before it was never higher than 237 and often down
to about 226. I think the few extra volts were too much for the Dentron.

SO2R capability was severely limited by this, but I was relieved to find
I was able to call and work quite a few mults with the barefoot mult radio,
in other cases I had to QSY the run station in order to grab the mult.

I'm sure this is the first time I have ever made more QSOs on the
Sunday than on the Saturday.

Dave G4BUO