[3830] CQWW CW DL1IAO SOAB LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW DL1IAO SOAB LP
From: DL1IAO@contesting.com (DL1IAO@contesting.com)
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 06:59:03 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: DL1IAO
Operator(s): DL1IAO
Station: DL1IAO

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: SW DL
Operating Time (hrs): 46.2

  160:    131      8     42
   80:    379     12     63
   40:    471     23     85
   20:    483     28     91
   15:    592     32     97
   10:    557     29     99
-------------------------------
Total:   2613    132    477  =  3,177,153

Club/Team: Bavarian Contest Club (BCC)

Comments:

Equipment Description:  TS870
                        CT v9.23 on 486 notebook

                        160 - 17m INV L
                         80 - elevated 2el Vertical
                         40 - 2x DP @17m
                   20/15/10 - Sommer P5 @17m

It´s amazing how a new operating position can add to your overall motivation!
For the first time in years the only thing left to do prior to the contest was
hooking up CT and preparing ratesheets.  I know how K5ZD felt without a VFO
knob - I had some trouble with mine and sure called off the frequency a couple
of times.  It was fun to get some occasional runs going, especially on sunday,
and even on 40/80.  Still lots of slow S&P, though.  Highlight was being called
by what must have been VY2ZMM on 160 - if he heard me, he really heard very,
very well (he was 229)!

73,

Stefan, DL1IAO