[3830] CQWW CW DK8ZB SOSB(A)/40 HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW DK8ZB SOSB(A)/40 HP
From: DK8ZB@t-online.de (DK8ZB@t-online.de)
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 15:42:03 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: DK8ZB
Operator(s): DK8ZB
Station: DK8ZB

Class: SOSB(A)/40 HP
QTH: Muenster/Hessen
Operating Time (hrs): 31

  160:
   80:
   40:   1602     39    120
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------------------
Total:   1602     39    120  =  485,427

Club/Team: Bavarian contest club

Comments:

After some long consideration, I decided on 40 meters - which turned out to
be the wrong decision - conditions were terrible!
Station setup was finished on Friday at 23:50. I was so exausted that I
could only work 31 instead of the 48 hours.
Sunday morning was so bad that I could not decode CW anymore and had to QRT.
Could not turn Antenna to the southwest (LP USA)
On Saturday, at 13:30, I wondered how N2WW(CO) and W6TER(NM) were able to come
from the east???
Positive were the multipliers called me ,from KH6, HK0, 9M, TF and many others
And new for me ,my equiptment held up through the whole contest!
No radio caught on fire, no Antenna was torn down by winds or burned up.
Just my burnout due to lack of sleep.
All in all, I'm still satisfied with my results - under these conditions(hi)

Rig= TS950sdx henry linear and 3 ele Delta quad @28m

Thanks for all the callls and see u next contest.

barney DK8ZB