[3830] ARRL160 N8PW M/S HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL160 N8PW M/S HP
From: k8dx@raex.com (k8dx@raex.com)
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2001 17:58:21 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: N8PW
Operator(s): K8DX, K8LN, N8OH, N8PW, W8VE
Station: K8DX

Class: M/S HP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 30

Total:    1122     76       25      =  242,400

Club/Team: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

This is one of the contests that I like to have some of the local guys come
over
and operate.  I only operated at the begining of the contest due to family
visiting from out of state, and my daughter having her third birthday this
weekend.

The first three hours of the contest had rates of 135, 101, and 91.  W8VE, and
N8OH showed up around 10:00PM, and took over with Roger, W8VE in the chair most
of the time.  Craig N8OH, had to leave about 2:00AM and Roger was on his own
the rest of the night.  When I checked on him at 8:30AM, he said he had a hard
time staying awake.  The 11Z hour showed 36 minutes of off time.  Would have
been interesting to have a video camera to see Roger dozing off, but will
have to be content with listening to the Writelog recordings :-)

Bill, N8PW showed up Saturday afternoon and operated all most the entire time
except for a few short breaks where John, K8LN or I filled in for a short time
while he took a break.  John was his second set of ears from about 7PM-2AM.
Bill also endured a lot of "back seat operator" from me while I popped in to
check on the progress through the night.

Missed: VI, YT, MB, AK
DX worked: CM, DL, G, GM, GW, HA, HI, I, LY, LZ, OK, OM, ON, PA, PY, PY0, SM,
           V4, VK, VP5, XE, YU, YV, ZD8, ZF

Equipment: IC-781  Commander HF-2500
TX Antenna: Quarter wave wire vertical with 85 radials (also tied into 65,000'
            radial system for 80M)
RX Beverages: 1200' terminated EU, 600' E/W unterminated, NW/SE
              800'unterminated, NE/SW 450' unterminated
              (Thanks to my friendly farmer neighbor)