[3830] CQWW CW N8SM SOAB HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW N8SM SOAB HP
From: millersg@dma.org (millersg@dma.org)
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2001 21:03:31 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N8SM
Operator(s):
Station:

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:
   80:     33     12     22
   40:    143     27     66
   20:     55     18     32
   15:     81     18     48
   10:     38     16     25
-------------------------------
Total:    350     91    193  =  267,812

Club/Team: NTCC

Comments:

Windy conditions before and during the contest made tramming/mounting the Yagis
on the tower too dangerous.  Sure was depressing having the 10m, 20m and 40m
monobanders ready to go and the 15m about 95% (only needing final VSWR tuning)
but being stuck with using a Butternut HF-2V.  The wind died down enough Sunday
to temporarily raise the 15m Yagi to 25 feet (fixed SE) and tune it.  The 10m
was raised similarly late Sunday for my QSOs there - too late for Europe except
for CT8T.  Kudos to everyone who heard me using the HF-2V on 20m, the SWR was
rather high and I reduced power to about 300 Watts.