[3830] ARRL160 W1SJ SO HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL160 W1SJ SO HP
From: w1sj@arrl.net (w1sj@arrl.net)
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 09:38:30 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: W1SJ
Operator(s):
Station:

Class: SO HP
QTH: VT
Operating Time (hrs): many

Total:     741     69       13      =  124,173

Club/Team: Radio Amateurs of Northern Vermont

Comments:

It was quite an average year - what I would expect on 160M during sunspot high
season. First night had some nice EU openings but little West Coast. Second
night saw very little EU but better West Coast later on.

This contest has been getting quite tedious in the last few years, especially
on the second night. So much so, I opted to go out with the YL for a few hours
during "prime time". I didn't seem to miss that much, as rates were higher
than normal later in the evening when I got back on. Probably would have broke
800 otherwise - not a stellar year.

It seems like a lot of contesters end up resorting to pushing the CQ button and
doing other things all night. (I like to watch TV, read a good book and
occasionally fix something in the shack - it gets that slow sometimes.)
Perhaps this contest might get a needed shot in the arm if it were Friday night
CW and Saturday night Phone. I know this would be a break from tradition, but
it would get this show into being a real contest again.
73 W1SJ