[3830] ARRL 160 XE2AC SO HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 XE2AC SO HP
From: Luis.Delgadillo@ags.mex.xerox.com (Delgadillo, Luis(Ags, Mex))
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 10:43:51 -0600
                     ARRL 160 METER CONTEST -- 2001

      Call:      XE2AC
      Category:  Single Operator
      Power:     High Power
      Band:      Mono 160
      Mode:      CW
      Country:   Mexico

               QSO   QSO        PTS  PTS/QSO    SECTIONS  COUNTRIES

     Totals    110     220     2.00         45          0    =   9,900

Equipment Description: FT-1000MP, Ameritron AL-800H,
                        Dunestar 600 Pass band filter,
                        Top Ten decoder,
                        Bencher Iambic + Thick-1
                        SO2R WX0B,  CT 9.69
                        Antenna: Sloper Alpha Delta DX-A (Apex @ 65 ft)

Comments: My apologies to the stations that I could not copy, and many
thanks
                to the ones enduring  my constant request to repeat the
section.
        I have  a nearby local -BC AM station whose transmitters started
producing(again)
        a 5/9 +40 dB spurious signal on 1.810 and increasing the noise
level floor
        from 5/7 to  5/9+ across 1.800 ~1.890 MHz., a second peak of
        5/9+25 was present on 1.870.
        I could dig out of some stations by asking to repeat constantly
        but the BC signal was so overwhelming that I decided it was better
to go to bed
        rather than  hearing  pop music.

        Anyway, I enjoyed the thrill of contesting and challenge on this
band
                and  look forward to the CQ WW 160

Luis Delgadillo XE2AC
Aguascalientes México