[3830] ARRL 160 CW SO HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 CW SO HP
From: marc.cosemans@wanadoo.be (Marc Cosemans)
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 23:22:06 +0100
                     ARRL 160 METER CONTEST -- 2001

      Call:      ON6CC
      Category:  Single Operator
      Power:     High Power
      Band:      Mono 160
      Mode:      CW
      Country:   Belgium

               QSO   QSO PTS  PTS/QSO    SECTIONS  COUNTRIES

     Totals     15      18     1.20          8          0    =   144

Equipment Description: TS850 SAT+1KW Amp.
                       Ant: 1/2 vertical (Balloon filled with hellium)

It was a pitty that condx were not good otherwise we could have worked a
couple more of you guys!The weatherforcast was good so I let up my balloon
and it stayed up perfectly.It was quit an experiance to have a balloon in
the air at a highed of 80 meters!We knew we had to score with such an
antenna but conditions told us the otherwise!!

Best DX was K9DX from Illenois with a beautiful signal !!
Also heard but couldn't work:W9RE;K8LX;K5RX;K5NA;K8CC and KS1L.....
I guess QRM was terrible in the US for some stations.
Most stations I worked were worked with only one call,so the ballon did his
job !!

73'Marc  ON6CC

Club Affiliation: NOL Contest team