[3830] ARRL10 K0OB SO Mixed LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL10 K0OB SO Mixed LP
From: gwfields@mediaone.net (gwfields@mediaone.net)
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 23:14:28 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: K0OB
Operator(s): K0OB
Station: K0OB

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: MN
Operating Time (hrs): 27
Radios: SO2R

   CW:    865    106
  SSB:    842    121
----------------------
Total:   1707    127  =  1,168,142

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

What a blast! This is a all time record for me and a new record
for total number of Q's made by myself at home. I used the
second rig on phone while CQing on CW to add another 117
Q's according to TR. It was very hard to hear through the
hash of my own CW since both antennas were on the same boom
but I got used hearing in between after awhile.

Even in the black hole of Minnesota the conditions to
Europe and the Pacific were good. I lived in fear all
weekend of another solar flare like the CQWW CW one would
hit but we lucked out this time. (In Minnesota is prety
much wiped us out for the high bands for much of Saturday.)
10 meters was my favorite band when I started in radio
24 years ago and it still is!

Equipment
C3 at 50
40 meter element on C3 for 2nd radio