[3830] ARRL10 NH7/N6HC(@KH6DV) SO CW HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL10 NH7/N6HC(@KH6DV) SO CW HP
From: N6HC@aol.com (N6HC@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 14:29:41 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: NH7/N6HC
Operator(s): N6HC
Station: KH6DV

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: Hawaii
Operating Time (hrs): 18

   CW:   1339     92
  SSB:
----------------------
Total:   1339     92  =  493,120

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

A big thank you to Ron Ellis, KH6DV, and xyl Caroline, NH6PR, for the exclusive
use of his station for this contest.  The set-up was a TS-430S, a Heathkit
SB-200 (300-400 watts) and a homebrew tribander rotated by the Ellis armstrong
method & that resonated at 27.200MHz (thank you MFJ for the 3 KW antenna
tuner).  The operation was strictly CW (the only real fun mode).
Unfortunately, work obligations mandated that I forego the first 18 hours of
the contest (it starts at 2 PM local Hawaiian time on Friday).  Ron's station
was easy to settle into with my laptop.  The rates during the first several
hours were stimulating.  I was able to squeeze 18 hours of operating into the
weekend.  During the slow times I had a beautiful view of Kaneohe Bay and Misty
Mountain.  Thank you Jim (K4OJ) for keeping Murphy busy in Florida; he never
had time to visit us in da' islands!  It was again a challenge to get
contestants to copy my call (what a mouthful) on the first try, but the usual
suspects now know I'm in KH6-land, for now.  I'll probably be back in
California for the contest season beginning in the fall of 2002 and Hawaii will
be a fond memory.  Sure miss the european runs; I have yet to get a good one
going from here.  No lack of JAs to make up for rate but the multiplier tally
suffers.  See you in ARRL DX test (CW of course).  Aloha....Arnie