[3830] ARRL SS SSB W6YX Multi-Op

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL SS SSB W6YX Multi-Op
From: mikeh@webraska.com (mikeh@webraska.com)
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 17:57:18 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL Sweepstakes, SSB

Call: W6YX
Operator(s): W6LD, N7MH
Station: W6YX

Class: Multi-Op
QTH: SCV
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:
   80:     73
   40:    127
   20:    444
   15:    183
   10:    872
-------------------------------
Total:   1699 x     80  =  271,840

Club: NCCC

Comments:

It was disappointing to end up over 100 Q's less than last year.  We lost our
packet connection on Sunday morning so we didn't get any of the spots that we'd
hoped would help out as things slowed down on Sunday afternoon.  We also really
missed Dean, N6DE, who had been our third operator last year.  He headed up
another multi-single effort this year using his call.

We'd worked all sections but KL7 and VO by Sunday morning.  We found VO1MP and
then stumbled on VO2AA later.  We ended up with 4 KL7's, but were surprised
when KL7Y reported he had called us for about an hour on 40 on Saturday evening
but we never heard his QRP signal.

-Mike, N7MH