[3830] Stew Perry NB1B(@W1KM) SO HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] Stew Perry NB1B(@W1KM) SO HP
From: nb1b@mediaone.net (nb1b@mediaone.net)
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 20:37:55 -0500 (EST)
                     Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: NB1B
Operator(s): NB1B
Station: W1KM

Class: SO HP
Grid Square: FN41
Operating Time (hrs): 12

QSOs:  264  Score: 1,184

Club: YCCC

Comments:

Activity this year seemed to be down from last year, or maybe it was
propagation.  The Europeans were there, but they were all weak.  4X3A was
audible here for over 3 hours, but I never heard him work another US station
other than me despite a number of callers.  No DX west of here- not even a pip.
 My apologies to anyone to my west that I couldn't hear- you had to be S5 to
get over the noise level on the west beverage.  There were 44 DX stations
worked, all but 4 of them a struggle.  FM5BH, OQ4UN, ZF2NT and G0IVZ were all
loud and audible for hours here.

DX Worked- Asia: 4X3A
Caribean/SAmer: ZF, PY2, FM
Africa: ZS, EA8
Europe: G,GM,EI,F,DL,OE,I,S5,PA,EA6,YO,UA1,UA2,HA,OM,OK,CT
First DX- OQ4UN @ 2135Z
Best DX- ZS6UT, 26 pts, next best 4X3A 18 pts

Station: IC765, Military Surplus Amp (1100watts), 160M 4-square hung around a
tower for xmit, 580ft NE beverage and 290ft W beverage

Thanks for the Qs, and HNY to all!

Dennis NB1B