[3830] RTTY Roundup K6LL SOAB HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup K6LL SOAB HP
From: K6LL@juno.com (K6LL@juno.com)
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 12:03:30 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: K6LL
Operator(s): K6LL
Station: K6LL

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: az
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

   80:     67     67
   40:    158    158
   20:    274    274
   15:    404    404     <---Multipliers --->
   10:    402    402     W-VE    DX     Total
Total:   1305   1305      57     49      106   =  138,330

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

This was my second annual adventure with RTTY and Writelog.

I may have deleted a bunch of QSO's (114?) and mults due to my ineptness with
Writelog. I will warn the logcheckers not to penalize others for not-in-log.
C'est la vie! I am currently writing my own version of a brief Writelog manual,
so I can remember what I did wrong this year and to make setup easier next
year.

Equipment:
Cyrix 200 computer with $9 no-name sound card, doing stereo fsk with Rttyrite
software decoder. MMTTY running full screen on a stand-alone borrowed laptop,
decoding run radio tee'd off audio.
Two TS-850's, several amps. Low Tribanders, low 2el 40, 80 half sloper.

MMTTY really copies well. I bet it really kicks when used as a Writelog plugin,
where its output can be integrated with callsign database and calls in the log.
Too bad it can't do stereo. Next year I guess a two computer network will be in
order.

As the xyl went out to go to church on Sunday morning, she reported that the
sprinkler system was coming on every time I transmitted on 10 meters. The
neighbors were probably thinking "What is that wacko up to now?"

Thanks for all the qso's, and see you in:
naqp cw this weekend
naqp ssb the following weekend
cw and ssb sprints and arrl dxcw in Feb.

Dave, K6LL