[3830] NAQP CW W1NN SOAB LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW W1NN SOAB LP
From: japancorporateresearch@compuserve.com (japancorporateresearch@compuserve.com)
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 08:05:40 -0500 (EST)
                     North America QSO Party - CW

Call: W1NN
Operator(s): W1NN
Station:

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: PA
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:     67     30
   80:    134     39
   40:    154     41
   20:    142     46
   15:    146     47
   10:     96     34
----------------------
Total:    739    237  =  175,143

Club/Team: PAQP'ers TEAM

Comments:

Wow, what conditions.  It didn't seem to matter much that I was using a single
G5RV at 25' and only one radio.  I had almost no trouble being heard and much
to my surprise I could run effectively.  Had some trouble early on with RF from
the antenna feedline, which was passing over the top of the rig and the
computer.  Eliminated this by putting 8' of coax in between the rig and the
tuner and placing it away from the operating position.  Retuning was a real
stretch. which meant that I did almost no QSYing.  Conditions could hardly have
been better for this contest for this QTH, with short skip on 20 and relatively
quite low bands.  I usually miss this event due to work travel.  I'm glad I
caught this one.