[3830] NAQP CW W7UQ(KL9A) SOAB LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW W7UQ(KL9A) SOAB LP
From: kl9a@qsl.net (kl9a@qsl.net)
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 14:36:33 -0500 (EST)
                     North America QSO Party - CW

Call: W7UQ
Operator(s): KL9A
Station: W7UQ

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: ID
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:     20      6
   80:     93     34
   40:    129     47
   20:    221     52
   15:    212     44
   10:    200     44
----------------------
Total:    875    227  =  198,625

Club/Team: SMC #7

Comments:

I guess we all have our bad contests. :)

I moved every single mult on 10, 15, and 20 that I needed, and about 10% of
them worked.  No real scatter to speak of that I could find.  Missed
ID/MT/NV/OR/UT/WY/CO on 10m.  I can usually work those on scatter.  That would
have put me at a more "normal" mult total of 51 on 10m.  Same goes for 15m.  I
moved everyone, but it rarely worked out!  Thanks to those that did move, and
tried.  :)  Seemed like there was very few east coasters on?  I struggled for
NY on 20m.  Nice to work DE on 80-15 though.  Lots of easy mults missed.  Not
because I didn't try to move them, but because we just couldn't hear each other
on the other band!  Frustrating to say the least.  Only got 50 watts out on 10
and 15 meters, but I'm not sure it hurt me much.  122 q's the first hour on
10m.  The little wire seemed to do pretty well on 40 and 80 this time, but poor
on 160.  Usually I feel louder on 160.  My first NAQP CW from the states.  It
seems like the strategy is a little different from SSB.  Maybe that's where I
went wrong... no idea. :)  SO2R would have been a nice thing to have too.  I
wore out the A/B button on the TS440 I think. :) Nice to see W7ZRC on the air
again too. I'm writing this one off as my token one bad contest allowable per
year.

Back to school on monday.  CU in NAQP SSB and the sprints.
73!
-Chris KL9A
http://www.qsl.net/kl9a
kl9a@qsl.net