[3830] NAQP CW N2NL(@K1PT) SOAB LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW N2NL(@K1PT) SOAB LP
From: n2nl@yahoo.com (n2nl@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 15:08:35 -0500 (EST)
                     North America QSO Party - CW

Call: N2NL
Operator(s): N2NL
Station: K1PT

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: FL
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

  160:     68     29
   80:    143     43
   40:    292     55
   20:    254     57
   15:    276     53
   10:    176     53
----------------------
Total:   1209    290  =  350,610

Club/Team: Florida Contest Group #1

Comments:

CONGRATS TO N2IC FOR THE HUGE SCORE!!!

I posted some pictures of the setup at http://www.qsl.net/n2nl/k1pt.htm

all I can say, is "wow!".  W4AN M/S with 1850 QSO's? amazing.  Almost like NAQP
SSB totals.

Best conditions I've ever seen in a NAQP.  Hindsight is always 20/20 but
looking at my log, I missed about 3-4 easy mults on both 80 and 160 which I
could have and should have moved there. 300 mults would have been really cool.
At the time I figured they would be easy later but weren't.  Thanks for all the
moves, especially to ZF2NT who moved to 5 bands for me in less than 2 minutes.
I should have gone for all 6 but I brain farted.

Working SO2R is a blast in this contest.  I think it is the one of the best
contests for improving and using SO2R skills.  Paul's station improvements
toward automation and SO2R since the last time I operated from there were
amazing.

Offtimes:
2115-2146 (due to the discovery of RF screwing up keying when transmitting on
20m - a toroid quickly fixed it)
2331-0013 (I caught myself getting lazy and slacking on the 2nd station so I
decided it was a goot time for a break)
0330-0426 (I worked much of the east coast mults on 80/160 but few west coast.
I figured to take my time off now so I'd possibly have a better chance to work
the west coast stuff later.  I did work alot of new mults at the end but the
rate was slower, so I guess it was a trade-off)

I added my offtime up after the contest and discovered I accidently took 9
minutes more off than I needed.  Darn!!!

BIG CONGRATS TO N2IC ONCE AGAIN FOR RAISING THE BAR TO A NEW LEVEL!

73, Dave N2NL