[3830] NAQP CW K5AF SOAB LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW K5AF SOAB LP
From: PaulKB8N@AOL.Com (PaulKB8N@AOL.Com)
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 18:35:40 -0500 (EST)
                     North America QSO Party - CW

Call: K5AF
Operator(s): K5AF
Station: K5AF

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: tx
Operating Time (hrs): 4
Radios: SO2R

  160:     12      9
   80:     97     38
   40:    138     40
   20:     26     19
   15:     70     32
   10:     61     28
----------------------
Total:    404    166  =  65,570

Club/Team:

Comments:

Most fun I've ever had in four hours of ham radio!  I'm writing the Contesting
on a Budget column for NCJ, so for the first couple of hours I used a stock
IC-718 to see how well someone could do with an entry-level radio that had a
minimum number of accessories (NO FILTERS!).  I was quite amazed to see rates
well into the 80s and 90s.  Once I went back to the Omni VIs, it was fairly
easy to keep the rate above 100.  It is possible to do well even with minimal
equipment and no computer control!

I don't ever remember putting more VE5's than VE3's in the log in any previous
domestic contest, what a nice surprise!

Conditions were magnificent on all bands.  Wish I could have made this a
full-time effort!

73, Paul