[3830] ARRL VHF Sweep W3SE Single Op Port QRP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL VHF Sweep W3SE Single Op Port QRP
From: W3SE@dxer.com (W3SE@dxer.com)
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 01:08:38 -0500 (EST)

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------
Total:    350     71  =  40,328

Club/Team:

Comments:

What a Blast.  Decided to operate QRP Portable from our June QTH, since it was
not snow covered as in past years.  Nothing like 30 MPH winds w/60 MPH gusts
from the North most of Saturday, and all Sat night.  Dropped off a bit as the
sun came up on Sunday, ambient temp.day 45, night 25, plus wind chill factor.
Thought I may loose antenna mast, but learned some time back.. if it goes up in
the wind, it will stay.  Stay up it did, but, I had some maintenance to do
Sunday AM.  Mast only about 30deg off vert, and 15deg off heading, also,
re-assemble the tent.  Worked about 18 Hrs, since I had to work on Monday.  4
Hrs to tear down and load the truck.  Lost a Tire from a pine cone I had run
over, not bad since I had several hundred to hit.

THANKS to the rovers that made the weekend more enjoyable.  Highlight was
working 2 JA's on 6M, that was the extent of 6M opening on Sat. Sunday brought
VE1/VO1/VY2/VE9/W1 Not super strong signals, but workable.  Total countries
worked 4  -  JA, W, VE, XE.  First time operating QRP from the mountain, very
different from QRO.  Could not work some of the regular stations.

Thanks again for the Q's

73,
Wes, W3SE DM04xi