[3830] NAQP SSB NS4T SOAB LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB NS4T SOAB LP
From: knason@emeraldis.com (knason@emeraldis.com)
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 07:25:27 -0500 (EST)
                     North America QSO Party - SSB

Call: NS4T
Operator(s): NS4T
Station: NS4T

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: SC
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:      0      0
   80:     78     28
   40:     81     27
   20:    179     46
   15:    126     39
   10:     58     16
----------------------
Total:    522    156  =  81,432

Club:

Team:

Comments:

Didn't think I'd get to play so didn't sit down to make sure I was ready until
1 hour before the show.  Computer had died (HARD!!) a couple weeks ago.  Hadn't
tried logging software and found it didn't restore correctly from the backup
files (my fault).  So sat down and started loading Writelog at 1730Z.  I'd also
tore apart rig/computer connections and had to reconnect all them.  Up and
running at 1815Z, but without DVK. Found my sound card wasn't working and
ouldn't find my drivers disk.

Had 160m antenna and K9AY loop wire on order, and of course it didn't arrive in
time either.  Didn't put up my usual extra antennas because didn't think I'd be
playing.

I like contesting.  Keeps you on your toes!  All in all, considering the
difficulties, lack of station preparation, my inexperience, my first NAQP, and
no thought towards strategy; I'm pleased.  Spent a lot of time trying to figure
out others' operating strategies trying to learn.  Next time I think I'll try
running a bit more. Makes a world of difference.  Probably should've spent a
bit more time on 10m.  And with the initial problems forgot I wasn't going to
use Kevin for my name.  Slowed me down a lot.  Not often you get to be someone
you're not.  Have to think about that a bit.  Maybe I'll use my middle name,
Koel (sounds like Cole), what do you think? :~}

Thank you all for the contacts!  Looking forward to next one.