[3830] CQ160 CW K1PX SO LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW K1PX SO LP
From: K1PX@aol.com (K1PX@aol.com)
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 13:21:27 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: K1PX
Operator(s):
Station:

Class: SO LP
QTH: CT
Operating Time (hrs): 27

QSOs: 713  States/Provinces: 56  Countries: 23  Score: 145,360

Comments:

Interesting propagation considering the auroral conditions! I could hear the
background noise disappear after sunset both nights. Conditions to the west
coast were good both nights. EU was poor Friday night but signals were above
S9 on Saturday night on many stations.

The first several hours of Saturday night were so slow that I ran the
CQ REPEAT and almost packed it in. But later, the activity increased
noticably.

Missed WY, ND, SD, LB, NWT, YT. It was great to have the likes of OY9JD
call and I worked ZL6QH around 0900Z. How can that be right?

Thanks to all of you for the QSO's. Considering I'm close to 60, I
certainly support the 30 hour limit!! And, there weren't any SSB stations
below 1843 either. :-)

73, Jim, K1PX