[3830] CQ 160 @ W8JI by W4AN

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQ 160 @ W8JI by W4AN
From: w4an@CONTESTING.COM (Bill Fisher, W4AN)
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 15:43:21 -0500 (EST)

SOHP

Exact numbers to follow.  The floppy I had the log on turned out to be bad
when I got home.

1320 QSOs and 107 multipliers for about 516K.

Missed OH0, JY, LY, YL, EU, LA, OH, and many other common European
countries.  Conditions seemed better than last year at times, and worse at
others.  I never heard a good opening to European Russia.  I only worked 3
or 4 the entire contest.  Previous years have yielded pileups of them.

I worked only 3 JA's.  JH4UYB who is typically very loud was very
difficult to copy this year.  In previous years we have worked as many as
50 JAs, although this has been more common in the ARRL event in December.
Did work VK6HD, many VKs, and several ZL's.  South American stations were
all very loud, but missed working LU and CE.  Got ZP, many PY's, PY0, FY,
YV, etc.

Missed North Dakota, VY1, and Lab.  I worked 3 KL7's.  All PW.  Last state
was Nevada.  Ended up working 3.

Listened hard for ZS6EZ at the likely time, but no QSO.  No Africa at all
except for EA8.

The band was very noisey this morning.  Not sure where it was coming from,
but it sure added to the fatigue.  I crashed early instead of running the
final 3 hours of 10/hr rate.

Many thanks to Tom and Marsha for having me.

73

Bill Fisher, W4AN