[3830] CQ160 CW N6WG SO QRP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW N6WG SO QRP
From: n6wg@earthlink.net (n6wg@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 17:56:38 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: N6WG
Operator(s): N6WG
Station: N6WG

Class: SO QRP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 26

QSOs: 180  States/Provinces: 35  Countries: 1  Score: 12,985

Comments:

Wow, so this is what 160m is like in good conditions.  What a blast.  A 2.5
times improvement over my previous best.  What do I do for an encore?

Used my new and improved transmitting vertical and receiving Flag antenna.
Started with the idea that since 110 was my previous best in contacts, I should
goal for 150.  I blew right by that Saturday evening and finished with 180
Sunday morning after deleting dupes.  I figured eventually I would like to work
my way up to a 10,000 score, as my best had only been about 5200.  Well, now I
need a new goal, because I blew right past the 10K mark too.

Another high point was picking up 7 new states toward QRP WAS on 160m.  This
was originally just something to poke at during contests so I could color in
the states on a WAS map, but now I'm up to 35 states.  I may have to take this
seriously :-)

I'm truly impressed by and grateful for the receiving skills and setups of the
many stations I worked in the midwest and east.  Being receiving challenged in
this QTH, I really envy them.  I couldn't have done this without them, as my
K2's power output was 5w max for the QRP class.

Darn, now I have to wait 'til next December for all this fun to come again.
See you all then.

73, Bob N6WG
Newark, CA on SF Bay