[3830] CQ 160 CW DL3YBM SO HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQ 160 CW DL3YBM SO HP
From: gissel@fh-ludwigshafen.de (Prof. Dr. Andreas Gissel)
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 13:33:53 +0100
CQ WORLD WIDE 160 METER DX CONTEST -- 2002

      Call:      DL3YBM
      Category:  Single Operator
      Power:     High Power
      Mode:      CW
      Country:   Fed. Rep. of Germany

      BAND     QSO   QSO PTS  STATES/PROVINCES COUNTRIES

      160      201      1000                 4        41

     Totals    201      1000                 4        41 = 45000 POINTS

Equipment Description:

Club Affiliation: RRDXA

Soapbox:

Antenna was my inv L for 80 which I put up after QRL from Tuesday to
Thursday, no easy task in the heavy wind and rain.
In addition, I had to build the antenna matching network and the relay-box.
Had everything up and running by Friday afternoon, but SWR went skigh-high
Saturday morning when the storm bent the supporting tree against the
antenna.
Contest was S&P only. Highlights: working a total of 11 DX contacts ;-) tnx
guys you sure have good ears!
Only worked a handful (precisely) US and Canadian stns. Heared a few more
(e.g. W8JI and W3BGN) with good sigs but no luck. VY2ZMM was louder than
most EU's. Sure would have liked to work PY0FF but couldn't break the
pile-up.

           MAILING ADDRESS:

               Andy Gissel  DL3YBM
               Zum Seeblick 36