[3830] CQ160 CW N8SM SO HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW N8SM SO HP
From: millersg@dma.org (millersg@dma.org)
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 00:51:04 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: N8SM
Operator(s):
Station:

Class: SO HP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 10

QSOs: 438  States/Provinces: 53  Countries: 14  Score: 72,494

Comments:

TX: 1kW, slanting wire vertical + 32 sixty foot radials
RX: 310' ENE beverage on the ground

DX: EA8 F FY G(2) GM HI JA(4) KH6(2) PY V3 V4 VP5 XE(3) ZF
missed: DC ID(heard) SD(heard) WY NB NS LAB NWT YT

The short beverage and almost no line noise helped reception from NNE to ESE
compared to the ARRL 160 effort. Need better rx antennas for the other
directions. Would appreciate any comments if anyone can remember how I was
hearing compared to other Texas stations.

Limited time (50% CQ, 50% S&P) since our family was fighting the flu.