[3830] 3830 Update

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] 3830 Update
From: mwdink@eskimo.com (mwdink@eskimo.com)
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 11:06:30 -0800
As you are probably all aware, the contesting.com
server has been going through an upgrade proces.

Mailing lists are changing from MojorDomo to Mailman
which has a Web based UI. In the end, this will make
it easier for YOU to control YOUR account. You
may have already received mail that explains some
of the process. As list Administrator, I am also
going through some of it so please bear with us.

1) You may have noticed a piece of spam come
through already. We already know. That should be
fixed fairly quickly. This will remain a
moderated list.

2) Those of you who were subscribers but did NOT
want to receive postings will need to go to your
account page (the info is in the Welcome message)
and set your account to NO MAIL. We couldn't
do this through a global operation. It was either
I do it manually or you do it individually. Guess
what I chose. <g>

3) Any questions can come to be directly to me or to
3830-admin@contesting.com. I may not know
the answer but I can find it out and learn in
the process.

Thanks for your patience
Michael Dinkelman, N7WA
mwdink@eskimo.com