[3830] WPX SSB NX5M M/S HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB NX5M M/S HP
From: nx5m@arrl.net (nx5m@arrl.net)
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 19:17:17 -0800
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: NX5M
Operator(s): NX5M, K5NZ, UA0OFF, W5SB, W5PF, KE4NT
Station: NX5M

Class: M/S HP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 46

------------
  160:    0
   80:    9
   40:   51
   20: 1115
   15: 1225
   10: 1068
------------

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

I could not believe that we dodged the storms that were expected to ruin
most of the Saturday operation.? The only time we had to go qrt was at 1130z
Saturday as a small cell decided to pass right overhead.
As the day went on it was beginning to look as if we were
repeatedly going to be forced off the air.? I am still amazed that we were
not shut down for an extended period.? As the line of severe storms
approached from the WSW late in the afternoon I was sure that this was going
to be the one that could not miss us.? Wanna talk about luck?? As the line
reached the southwest end of Lake Somerville it split into two different
entities and the break between the both of them spared us.? There was
lightning 5 miles to our north and 5 miles to our south.? Although too close
by some standards, we stayed on the air as I physically kept an eye on
things.
I guess after being hit by a strike during the 10m contest in December, the
big boss up there just decided to leave us alone this time.
I dont know why I even bothered to connect the low band antennas.? Low bands
just never fell into the scheme of things based on how things were going.
New catagory: Multi-Single High-Power High-Bands Only!