[3830] ARRLDX SSB N2GA SOAB LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB N2GA SOAB LP
From: n2ga@aol.com (George A. Tranos N2GA) (n2ga@aol.com (George A. Tranos N2GA))
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2002 19:36:33 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: N2GA
Operator(s): N2GA
Station: N2GA

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: North Am
Operating Time (hrs): 15

  160:
   80:    8     8
   40:   40    21
   20:  141    58
   15:  204    70
   10:  330    72
-------------------
Total:  723   229  Total Score = 496,701

Club: Order of Boiled Owls of New York

Comments:

Lot's of fun in limited time!
Missed all day Saturday with a previously scheduled conference.
I probably have 3 more multipliers as my software did not recognize TO4T.

Most DX operators were very good - some excellent - congratulations!
Unfortunately, some have retained a bad habit of continual QRZ? without
signing their callsigns.  There is no reason to go more than 2 QSOs
without a callsign - listen to the best operators and they can slip
in their calls without a reduction in rate.

On the USA/Canada side, it was disconcerting to hear many ops not
listening to the DX station and continually calling the pileups.

10 meters was great - lots of station even up and over 29 MHz!