[3830] ARRLDX SSB N9RV SOAB HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB N9RV SOAB HP
From: pbarkey@bsu.edu (pbarkey@bsu.edu)
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 06:10:43 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: N9RV
Operator(s): N9RV
Station: N9RV

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: North Am
Operating Time (hrs): 32

  160:   12    10
   80:   65    40
   40:  202    55
   20:  881    95
   15:  989    91
   10:  992    90
-------------------
Total: 3141   381  Total Score = 3,584,448

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

This score might go up a little after I get the TO4 properly
entered in my countries file.

Had to quit at dawn on Sunday for a variety of equipment and
household reasons ... but it was certainly fun while it lasted.

Among the highlights:

- all the JA's on 15/10 meters both nights.

- discovering Sat night that my 160m vertical
  works better on 80m than my 80m dipole
  (accidentally).

- being so mentally into the contest that when
  I went outside late Sat night to investigate
  intermittent 160m SWR (easy fix) I noticed
  that it had been raining so hard that we had
  a mini-flood.

Lotsa noise on the low bands, but propagation was
good enough to more than make up for it.  I am sure
there will be some super scores in this one.