[3830] ARRLDX SSB N2CY SOAB(A) HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB N2CY SOAB(A) HP
From: n2cy@comcast.net (n2cy@comcast.net)
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 16:27:07 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: N2CY
Operator(s): N2CY
Station: N2CY

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: North Am
Operating Time (hrs): 27

  160:    0     0
   80:   13    13
   40:   52    36
   20:  181    73
   15:  240    88
   10:  551    96
-------------------
Total: 1037   306  Total Score = 951,966

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Things were going pretty good until Saturday morning when my neighbor knocked on
my door. She was hearing me on her TV ! She was not too happy about it. Being
the nice guy that I am I told her that I would work with her to resolve the
problem so that in the future she did not get the interference. but to do that I
need another ham to help me with that. So for the rest of the contest I pulled
the plug on the amp and went the rest of the contest running about 90 watts.

10 meters was great! Because of my low power I went way up in the band and
started calling CQ... did not do to well with the CQ so I went on with S/P and
it was not too easy. I heard many good op's this weekend and also heard some
really bad ones.

The low bands were almost impossible to do much with being that I was low power.
Also the rain Saturday night made it hard to copy anything on 80,40, and 20.
Contests are always a bad time for line noise to pop up. But overall it was
fun... still like CW better !!!