[3830] ARRLDX SSB W3GM(K3ND) SOAB(A) HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB W3GM(K3ND) SOAB(A) HP
From: k3nd@yahoo.com (k3nd@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 04:55:23 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: W3GM
Operator(s): K3ND
Station: K3ND

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: North Am
Operating Time (hrs): 19

  160:    0     0
   80:   19    16
   40:   58    39
   20:  141    72
   15:  236    89
   10:  475    97
-------------------
Total:  929   313  Total Score = 872,331

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

A really bad contest for me.  Thursday before the test I came down with what
turned out to be the worst cold I've had in years.  Started the contest at 0000Z
in pretty bad shape and I went downhill from there.  By 0400Z my head was
pounding so bad I packed it in until morning. Tried again about 1100Z.  The high
bands were great but I was almost totally ineffective.  Saturday was a blur.
Would operate awhile then have to lay down (headache, dizzy, etc.).  I plodded
along not wanting to totally quit.  My wife says that I'm totally nuts!  Of
course she's right.  Sunday went a little better and I was able to concentrate
well enough for a decent morning run on 10. Thank God for the DVK! You can call
CQ while coughing and/or sneezing. 10M was awesome (again).  Can't imagine that
it will be as good next season but we can hope.

73, Stew K3ND