[3830] ARRLDX SSB K3ANS M/M HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB K3ANS M/M HP
From: goodmancpa@enter.net (goodmancpa@enter.net)
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 17:30:43 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: K3ANS
Operator(s): K3ANS, N3PUR, N3MX, KB3CBO, K3YD, W3ZL, KC3WX, W0RSJ
Station: K3ANS

Class: M/M HP
QTH: North Am
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   41    34
   80:  298    70
   40:  340    77
   20: 1469   131
   15: 1049   126
   10: 1365   122
-------------------
Total: 4562   560  Total Score = 7,627,200

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

These results are from unedited logs.  Another fine contest, with no broken gear
or antennas.  The inexperienced operators who delivered magnificently,
supporting the veterans. Several operators were limited to only one full day of
operation because of work committments. We often had five positions running, but
most of the time we had three bands were covered at one time.  Thanks to WF3H,
N3IYX, W3ZL, KC3WX, K3MD, and K3ANS for providing gear.  Propagation was
excellent, but not quite as good as for ARRL DX CW contest.  Saturday night into
Sunday morning was slow for SSB but busy for CW contests.  We ran out of
stations to work.  It is always a thrill to have rare DX call us during CQ runs
and to break pile ups for other rare multipliers.  We have all single band
antennas with no stacks.  However, we had no problems holding run frequencies.
This is the first contest we asked stations to QSY to other bands for QSOs.  We
were surpised so many multipliers would QSY for us.