[3830] Commonwealth G4IIY Open LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] Commonwealth G4IIY Open LP
From: ian@g4iiy.freeserve.co.uk (ian@g4iiy.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 11:59:35 -0800
                    RSGB Commonwealth Contest, CW

Call: G4IIY
Operator(s): G4IIY
Station: G4IIY

Class: Open LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 16

------------
   80:    5
   40:   35
   20:   59
   15:   58
   10:   52
------------
Total:  209  Total Score = 4,225

Club:

Comments:

No 80m aerial, an intermittent fault on the R7000 vertical (since the last
gales) and a busted amp nearly made me decide not to bother at all.  But I
started up at about 1130 UTC in a half-hearted way and, as always, got hooked.
I think the recent exchanges on the contest reflector about the level of UK
contest participation encouraged me to continue for 17 of the 24 hours, although
I enter at least a dozen contests each year.

The score is, not surprisingly down on last year's even though conditions seemed
far better.  Thank as usual to those stations who, year after year, come back to
my CQ calls, even though my signal must be very weak with them compared to the
'big guns'.
Ian G4IIY (Cumbria)