[3830] ARRLDX SSB TI5N(W8QZA) SOAB QRP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB TI5N(W8QZA) SOAB QRP
From: wparker2@san.rr.com (wparker2@san.rr.com)
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 06:32:15 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: TI5N
Operator(s): W8QZA
Station: TI5KD

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: non-North Am
Operating Time (hrs): 40

  160:    1     1
   80:   16    11
   40:   71    28
   20:  234    50
   15:  414    53
   10:  854    57
-------------------
Total: 1590   200  Total Score = 954,000

Club:

Comments:

I've never had even half this number of QSO's in a contest before.  Condx were
great, I had a lot of valuable operating advice from my long time friend Phil
(N0KE), and I had the great antenna system at Keko's (TI5KD) QTH.

I had the following antennas for this contest:

10 M:   4 el Quad at 25 Mtrs
15 M:   3 el Quad at 25 Mtrs
20 M:   3 el Quad at 25 Mtrs
40 M:   2 el Quad at 25 Mtrs
80 M:   Full wave Delta Loop
160M:   Inv V at 30 Mtrs

The funniest thing that happened to me was that during one particularly large
pileup in the last 2 hrs of the contest, Keko's dog found a lizard or
something
just outside the window of the operating position.  He started a loud,
incessant
barking that kept tripping the VOX, bringing my operation to an abrupt stop.
Fortunately, Keko's daughter quickly took him away, and I lost only a minute
of
operating time.  But I can only imagine what that must have sounded like to
everyone in the pileup!

Bill Parker  W8QZA / TI5N