[3830] WPX SSB KR1G SOAB HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB KR1G SOAB HP
From: ted@demop.com (ted@demop.com)
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 11:26:51 -0800
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: KR1G
Operator(s): KR1G
Station: KR1G

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: nh
Operating Time (hrs): 36
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    0
   80:   62
   40:   27
   20:  844
   15: 1243
   10: 1034
------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

WPX usually gets slightly screwed up by something, resulting in a less than all
out effort. Not this year! It wasn't even Easter for me or many of us - hence
the great Russian and Greek activity (never worked so many SVs in a weekend
before).

Very fun contest - probably the BEST SSB test there is. Great DX activity! I
keep doing better but falling behind in the standings :)

Except for babysitting a very hyperactive 7 yr old nephew and my 2 year old son
all day Frday, all went well (they did wear me out a bit -hi).

Usual equip problems:
Suddenly at the start of the contest, my SO2R "solution" only sort of worked.
Appears (after some experimenting during the first couple of hours) that I
needed to manually hit the TX switch on the second rig - no VOX support. Also,
my ACOM on the second rig "seemed" to be acting up - the TX/RX relay would stick
sometimes leading to no RX. Swapped amps while running - the new AMP wouldn't
even key down. Apparently, it not the amps fault, but haven't had time to
check.
Now everthing worked perfectly Thusday and fri morning . . .

First serious contest with writelog - which decided to do some VERY screwy
things with time, similar to Daylight saving changes. Also writelog/computer
have conspired to keep my log locked up on the computer - any copies I make (for
example for my laptop or work machine) do not function but crash Writelog.

Bring on CW,
73 Ted KR1G