[3830] WPX SSB YL6W(YL2GD) SOAB HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB YL6W(YL2GD) SOAB HP
From: gunara@apollo.lv (gunara@apollo.lv)
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 22:30:43 -0800

ANT: (All home made)
     160 @ 80m - Inv.Vees @15m & feeeded tower 25m
     40 m - 4 phased verticals & Inv Vee @14m
     20 m - 4 el Yagi @16m
     15 m - 4 el Yagi @18m (between 28 MC stack)
     10 m - Stack 4+4 el @16/22m
PC:"Digital" P-60, CT-9.57 software

Soapbox:
I had no possibility to repair rotor (broken main gear)
of my 21/28 MHz antenna system. Every time to turn antenna
I had to climb up to the tower and do it with manual lever.
I did it only 6-8 times during the contest. Lost multipliers
and fighting spirit. The little AURORA didn`t help
for our latitudes as well.
20 m - noisely first morning, few USA stns (big guns) second morning
15 m - little number of JA`s both days, bad condx to USA and
    rates first day, short USA opening second evening
10 m - midium JA rates both days, few USA big guns first evening
    and 0 at the second!
Thanks to all who called me and see all in the WPX CW!

73, Gunar YL6W/YL2GD