[3830] JIDX HFCW GM4YXI SOAB HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] JIDX HFCW GM4YXI SOAB HP
From: k.kerr@abdn.ac.uk (k.kerr@abdn.ac.uk)
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 09:16:20 -0700
                    JIDX HF CW Contest

Call: GM4YXI
Operator(s): GM4YXI
Station: GM4YXI

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Ellon, Scotland
Operating Time (hrs): 14
Radios: SO2R

   20:  170    41
   15:  217    43
   10:  133    43
-------------------
Total:  520   127  Total Score = 82,931

Club: North of Scotland Contest Group

Comments:

Yet another contest weekend, preceeded by good conditions but spoiled by aurora.
Saturday morning was hard going with only long path on 15m (and with terrible
problems with multi path), and only 2 QSO's possible on 10m! Sunday was a bit
better but activity seemed poor. At least 10m opened up to some extent. Thanks
for all the QSO's and especially to those who QSY'd for mults.

I dont know if it was due to propagation and my signal being weak in eastern
europe but there was a very high prevalence of stations butting in, trying to
work the station I was in the middle of trying to complete with. This is
unacceptable 'sharp' practice IMHO and I would have made my feelings known if
this were an SSB test.

Apologies to those whom I called, who were clearly dupes. The dupe checking in
the software I chose to use was not doing what I expected, so I made a few
blunders!

73 Keith GM4YXI