[3830] K5TR (WM5R, op.) 50 MHz Sprint

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] K5TR (WM5R, op.) 50 MHz Sprint
From: kharker@cs.utexas.edu (Kenneth E. Harker)
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 20:53:30 -0500
50 Mhz Spring Sprint

    Contest Dates : 11-May-02, 12-May-02
    Callsign Used : K5TR
     Station Used : K5TR
         Operator : WM5R
         Category : SOHP
 Default Exchange : EM00

    6SSB      10          10         10       6

 Totals       10          10         10       6

    Final Score = 60 points.

    There was no Eskip in EM00, and there was very little local
activity.  In fact, of the ten QSOs I did make, not one of them was with
a member of the Roadrunner Microwave Group, the VHF/UHF weak signal
club in South Texas - a group that I know for a fact had a club meeting
that very afternoon in EM00!  I worked not a single station in the Houston
or Dallas areas.  I did work N5RZ way out west in the boonies, which
was cool.  Toward the end of the contest, I was getting some meteor
pings on signals to the north, but not enough to QSO.  After the contest,
George dialed in the N0LL beacon and we were picking it up occasionally
on meteor pings.

    Oh well.

Kenneth E. Harker      "Vox Clamantis in Deserto"      kharker@cs.utexas.edu
University of Texas at Austin                   Amateur Radio Callsign: WM5R
Department of the Computer Sciences      VP, Central Texas DX & Contest Club
Taylor Hall TAY 2.124                         Maintainer of Linux on Laptops