[3830] ARRL June VHF AB0MV Single Op Port LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF AB0MV Single Op Port LP
From: ab0mv@ix.netcom.com (ab0mv@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2002 20:45:40 -0700

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  37     14  Total Score = 518

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

Thanks to Ken W0ETT for the the radio and antenna loaners!  This was my very
first VHF contest and the very first time I have ever used the 6 meter band.

My husband AE0Q and I set up in an industrial park on a hill in our camper and
operated as separate single-ops during the day Saturday. It was VERY
hot---record high temperatures.  Despite drinking lots of fluids, I was still
thirsty hours after we got home. Denver was bathed in an eerie yellow light, and
at noon, people had to drive with their lights on due to the smoke of nearby
wildfires on Sunday.  For us, the combination heat and smoke made Sunday a
scratch.