[3830] All Asia CW W4ZV SOSB/10 HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] All Asia CW W4ZV SOSB/10 HP
From: btippett@alum.mit.edu (btippett@alum.mit.edu)
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2002 06:31:56 -0700
                    All Asian DX Contest, CW

Call: W4ZV
Operator(s): W4ZV
Station: W4ZV

Class: SOSB/10 HP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 0.17

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:   5     5
-------------------
Total:   5     5  Total Score = 50

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Very poor long path conditions on 10 compared to 2000/2001!  Set my receiver on
28200 while doing other things on my computer both mornings.  Absolutely nothing
heard of the JA2IGY beacon the first day but began hearing it around 1050 the
second day.  Started CQing but only made 5 QSO's by 1103 when the opening
apparently closed and I could no longer hear the beacon.  Was quite amazed that
one of the stations worked was JA1AA/QRP!  None of the stations moved my S-meter
compared to some real S9 signals in years past. JE2SOY was the strongest but
even he did not move my meter at all!

        A taste of things to come on 10 meters?

        2000        2001        2002

DAY 1     77         102           0