[3830] IARU K8UP M/S HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] IARU K8UP M/S HP
From: k8khz@yahoo.com (k8khz@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2002 16:08:41 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: K8UP
Operator(s): K8UP, K8KHZ
Station: K8UP

Class: M/S HP
QTH: MI
Operating Time (hrs): 22

  160:   0       0      0
   80:   0       0      0
   40:   0      47     21
   20:   0     566     88
   15:   0     138     44
   10:   0       2      2
---------------------------
Total:   0     753    155  Total Score = 353,555

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

*Note: Contacts are not broken down into Phone/CW

First time working as a multi operation here at the K8UP station. Here used 1KW
power with a 2El Quad at 10M tall. I Have found that the Titan DX Verticle
outperforms the Dipole I have at home for 40M DX. Worked 100% better. Now I know
why it is the Titan DX of verticles on 40M but a 40M beam would be better. HI
HI!  Listened to W1AW/5 at 09:00 UTC on the 14th and the OP sounded like he was
drooling on his Ft-1000 surely contributing to the TX floods. Worked some Good
DX found some like ZC4DW a Rare DX to me and also we worked the typical large
"I" stations. Proprogation was dead on 10M the whole time and it was not the
best elsewhere either. Lots of Fun here. GO MRRC! Good Luck Next Year.