[3830] IARU KK1L SO SSB HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] IARU KK1L SO SSB HP
From: kk1l@arrl.net (kk1l@arrl.net)
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2002 21:07:18 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: KK1L
Operator(s): KK1L
Station: KK1L

Class: SO SSB HP
QTH: VT
Operating Time (hrs): 22
Radios: SO2R

  160:   0        5     4
   80:   0       48    10
   40:   0       55    17
   20:   0      879    67
   15:   0      318    38
   10:   0        8     3
---------------------------
Total:   0     1313   139  Total Score = 547,521

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

I picked a great contest to try SO2R for the first time. I would have surely
fallen asleep had it not been for the second radio! Yikes who turned off the
ionosphere?

I thought I would use the second rig barefoot...just an all band vertical + poor
band conditions = bad idea! There was a perfectly fine (borrowed for ARRL DX)
ACOM1000 still sitting on the shelf. It took five minutes to set up and it took
up a good chunk of desk space, but that was a real bonus.

The SO2R controller I built from scratch really worked well. I never REALLY knew
how long a CQ was until Saturday! Man I don't know what I am going to do when I
only have one radio to use. I ended up with 1092 Qs on the run radio and 221 on
the second.

I need to clear my conscience and apologize for my behavior on early Sunday
morning on 20m. I was up near the top of the band and was definitely not on my
best behavior. I could blame being really tired (which I was an am now as I
write this at midnight with only 4 hours sleep this 48), but that is no excuse
for being rude. I don't know if I was a total jerk, but I feel bad about it. So
if the contester who I was "being hard to play with" reads this please accept my
apology.

73 es God bless de KK1L...ron rossi <><