[3830] IARU K3WW M/S HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] IARU K3WW M/S HP
From: k3ww@fast.net (k3ww@fast.net)
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 06:22:10 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: K3WW
Operator(s): K3WW
Station: K3WW

Class: M/S HP
QTH: PA
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

  160:    2      3      4
   80:   30      4     15
   40:  116      1     33
   20:  158    203     50
   15:   88     52     38
   10:    0      0      0
---------------------------
Total:  394    263    140  Total Score = 1

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Still recovering from major lightning strike.  The radios and amps survived.
most of the rotor controls are back in business; however, one of my
relay control boxes failed (all had to be rebuilt after the hit)..so I ended
up pulling the cables so the A/B relays all went to my "run" station.
After that it was chasing packet spots and S&P with one radio.  When things
slowed down I did some CQing, but only 1 OJ station answered me.
I concentrated on WRTC stations, but handed out QSOs to as many HQ and busy
sounding guys as I had time for.  I thought of following the 10 minute rule,
since Packet use puts us in the Multi Op class..and there is no Multi/Multi
for non HQ stations.  I couldn't resist working a few HQ guys and can't purge
them from the log (I assume the OJ's won't be entering IARU and could be
stricken from the log) end result is a CHECKLOG ..but tons of fun observing
the WRTC from far away.
predicted openings on 40 were way off..once the sun went down the OJ's were
mostly gone..but loud on 20.
looks like 169 OJ QSOs one operation moved me to 80!.