[3830] IARU VE3NZ SO CW QRP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] IARU VE3NZ SO CW QRP
From: ve3nz@pathcom.com (ve3nz@pathcom.com)
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 20:33:50 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: VE3NZ
Operator(s): VE3NZ
Station: VE3NZ

Class: SO CW QRP
QTH: ONTARIO
Operating Time (hrs): 15

  160:
   80:
   40:   93     0      13
   20:
   15:   21     0      14
   10:
---------------------------
Total:  114     0      27  Total Score = 8,802

Club:

Comments:

Equipment Description:

Rig:            IC-706 with home brew power attenuator Output 250 milliwatts.
Antenna:        Single delta loop (designed specially for this event by  Lali,
VE3NE).

Operating time: 15 hrs.

Notes:          My objective was to brake my 40 mtr "record" of 136 QSOs, set
on FD
2002. But W/K activity was lower, than on the Field Day, nevertheless I came
close to 100 Q in the 13 hrs on 40. It was tough to work DX with 250 mW on 40. I
spent 2 hrs on 15 mtrs, just to have fun with DX, when 40 was not active, since
my antenna turned out a good performer on both 15 and 40.

I have to apologize for everyone, who had to slow down for a moment to make the
contact with my weak signal station in the pile-ups. Running 250 mW and a wire
antenna every QSO feels worth like gold, and tons of fun.

Thank you guys for your patience. The high of the contest for me was, when
VK2EMM answered my call on 40 with a "?". I really did not think, that it was
going to come so close to a contact :-).

Club Affiliation: Toronto High Speed Club

                             Signature _George Balint_

           MAILING ADDRESS:

               George Balint  VE3NZ
               59 Snowcrest Ave.