[3830] IARU K4LOG SO SSB LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] IARU K4LOG SO SSB LP
From: INFO@POOLSPAPRO.COM (INFO@POOLSPAPRO.COM)
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 10:00:40 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: K4LOG
Operator(s): K4LOG
Station: K4LOG

Class: SO SSB LP
QTH: FL
Operating Time (hrs): 7

  160:
   80:           2      2
   40:          14      9
   20:          38     19
   15:
   10:
---------------------------
Total:   0      54     30  Total Score = 4,800

Club:

Comments:

This was my first contest attempt, arived home late saterday evening from prior
engagements, put the inverted V up on the tower in the dark and rushed into the
house to get the station set up. Wanted to try mixed as well but had troubles
getting the rig to work correctly on CW. So off to scrounge my parts boxes to
get a  mic wired up to the "old as I am" Swan 270B, putting out around
30-40W(found at a local sale recently). Success I was on the air!  Dealing with
the logging software,and just using S&P to take it slowly, my confidence grew
with every contact. I was becoming more interested in this aspect <sport> of our
hobby  I still had a great time at this despite my skill and equipment being
minimal. But looking forward in improving both. Can't wait to do it again, it
was surley a learning experience.

73 K4LOG